[Qt-creator] WebAssembly rough edges

Morten Sørvig Morten.Sorvig at qt.io
Thu Dec 17 13:00:23 CET 2020

> On 17 Dec 2020, at 06:50, Alessandro Portale <alessandro.portale at qt.io> wrote:
>
> Hello Alejandro,
>
> I apologize for the late answer. In a nutshell: the current Qt for WebAssembly plugin in Qt Creator (unfortunately also in the upcoming 4.14) is de facto unusable with the current emsdk. Qt Creator 4.15 will fix these issues.

In addition, the minimal and recommended emsdk version for Qt 5.15 is emsdk 1.39.8, which does support global installs. Consider using that version with the existing Qt and Qt creator releases. See documentation at https://doc.qt.io/qt-5/wasm.html

(Newer emsdk versions may work with existing Qt releases, and we do look at patching Qt if needed. However, such patching is not without risk and is increasingly against the commit policy as the Qt branch gets older.)

Cheers,
Morten