[Qt-creator] access to gdb console

Stefan Seefeld stefan at seefeld.name
Tue Dec 29 20:46:32 CET 2020

Hello,

I'm working on a big project including many C++ libraries and
applications, as well as a number of Python bindings (extension modules).

In some cases, I need to start the debugger (gdb), set up the
environment (e.g. run `exec target python3`), then start the target app
(often enough a Python wrapper script). (The process is described here:
https://www.boost.org/doc/libs/1_75_0/libs/python/doc/html/faq/how_do_i_debug_my_python_extensi.html)

While I'm comfortable doing all of this from a terminal, I have
difficulties figuring out how to do this from within qtcreator.

Could someone please help ? Does qtcreator give access to the debugger
console ?

Thanks !

Stefan