[Qt-creator] Annoyance with 4.11

Tobias Hunger Tobias.Hunger at qt.io
Tue Feb 18 10:04:39 CET 2020

On Tue, 2020-02-18 at 13:54 +1300, Christian Gagneraud wrote:
> Hi there,
>
> Just updated to 4.11, and with a CMake project, i've noticed (what is
> for me) regressions in the project explorer.
> 1. path to subdirectories are shown using backslash, which looks
> really ugly on Linux
> 2. this sub-dir path contains nested directory that you need to expand
> one by one, so there's now one extra node to expand (the path node)
> 3. now there are 'Header files' and 'Source files' sub nodes, that's
> yet another nesting level that need to be expanded.
> 4. sometimes, there's nested duplicated sub-nodes, see attachment
> 5. All of the above seem to be random, on my project i have all of the
> above but not always

I would guess that you define source groups in your CMakeLists.txt files.

Could you please consider to try a 4.12 snapshot and check how things look
there?

A screenshot from 4.12 would help a lot since that changed the icon for source
groups so that they are actually distinguishable from folders;-)

It also does proper nesting of source groups, which will get rid of the
backslashes in the source group names.

> The above seems to be related to the introduction of 'CodeBlocks' generator?

No, that is very much unrelated. You do not need the CodeBlocks generator if you
use CMake > 3.7, but it does not hurt to have it either.