[Qt-creator] Annoyance with 4.11

Christian Gagneraud chgans at gmail.com
Tue Feb 18 23:27:39 CET 2020

On Wed, 19 Feb 2020 at 11:01, Christian Gagneraud <chgans at gmail.com> wrote:

> > Could you please consider to try a 4.12 snapshot and check how things look
> > there?
>
> QtC-4.12 is not available in the 'Preview' components of the
> installer, the only option there is 4.11.0-rc1. I guess that's
> outdated stuff.
>
> I might try it, but I feel nervous, switching back and forth b/w QtC
> versions tend to break your config files. I can run QtC with a custom
> config dir, but then i'll have to configure all my toolchains, etc..
> which is a (bit of a) pain in my case.
>
> Downloading http://download.qt.io/snapshots/qtcreator/4.12/4.12.0-beta1/248/
> right now, will see how far i can go with that.
>
> But my point was quite simple:
> QtC 4.11 is broken, and has been released untested (or was knowingly
> buggy), it doesn't seem to be anywhere near release quality (or i'm
> really unlucky).

2 more points:
- The Qt installer doesn't provide roll-back methods, so now i'm stuck
with this new QtC version.
- If cmake integration is a feature in development, then the plugin
should be marked as experimental and be disabled by default. And so by
activating it, i would agree with a potential beta quality. I've done
that a lot, for everything clang related, and i never ranted when the
code model was pulling my machine down to it's knees (remember the
early days?).

Chris