[Qt-creator] Breaking changes from QtCreator 4.10 to 4.11?

Eike Ziller Eike.Ziller at qt.io
Wed Feb 19 13:22:37 CET 2020

> On Feb 19, 2020, at 13:10, Francesc Martinez <francescmm at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Hi Eike,
>
> Thanks for the fast response!
>
> El mié., 19 feb. 2020 a las 12:41, Eike Ziller (<Eike.Ziller at qt.io>) escribió:
>
> It is part of 4.10, and is used by the installer for a very long time already. So something must have went wrong with your installation.
>
> The online installer only installs the latest version of Qt Creator and provides no means for installing older versions.
> You can install older versions of Qt Creator via its offline installers (download from Qt Account (enterprise) or https://www.qt.io/offline-installers (opensource)).
>
> Actually that is my case. I upgrade to Qt Creator 4.11 and after trying it I had to downgrade so I installed Qt Creator 4.10 from the official releases, but I don't know if I picked it up from the right place.
>
> I downloaded it from here: https://download.qt.io/official_releases/qtcreator/4.10/4.10.2/installer_source/linux_gcc_64_rhel72/
>
> However, when I unpack it I cannot find sdktool. It's missing. That's why I was getting the error.

The 7zips do not contain it, right. Though we could and should provide the sdktool.7z there as well.

Replacing the content of what the installer installed behind its back will probably bite you in other ways as well. The installer keeps a bill of materials of things to deinstall for example.
You can install Qt Creator from the offline installer somewhere else, and either set up Qt versions manually, or use a trick to share the setup by creating a symbolic links from <Qt>/Tools/QtCreator/share/qtcreator/QtProject to the new Qt Creator’s share/qtcreator location. Qt Creator 4.12 adds a hint and button that does something similar for you directly.

Br, Eike

--
Eike Ziller
Principal Software Engineer