[Qt-creator] RFC: Dropping support for Python 2.x for GDB/LLDB #2

Eike Ziller Eike.Ziller at qt.io
Thu Feb 27 11:52:37 CET 2020

> On 27. Feb 2020, at 11:27, Alexandru Croitor <alexandru.croitor at qt.io> wrote:
>

>> On 26. Feb 2020, at 23:09, André Pönitz <apoenitz at t-online.de> wrote:
>>
>> Times have changed.  Mac/LLDB is now on 3.x.
>
> Hi,
>
> I'll be annoying, and once again point out that this will exclude macOS <= 10.14 developers : )
>
> What's our current minimum supported macOS version for Qt Creator?

Our binaries are built with Qt 5.14.1, and therefore support macOS 10.13.
You still _can_ build Qt Creator yourself with Qt 5.11.

> Would it perhaps make sense to drop Py2 support when the minimum is 10.15?

Enough when the minimum is 10.14, right?
So I suppose that would be end of this year after macOS 10.16 is out,
== Qt Creator 4.14.

So, how about dropping LLDB/python2 support with Qt Creator 4.14?

Br, Eike

> Otherwise we'd get an interesting state of being able to build applications with Qt Creator on an older macOS that Qt Creator supports, but not debug them.

Eike Ziller
Principal Software Engineer

The Qt Company GmbH
Erich-Thilo-Straße 10