[Qt-creator] Ideas in light of the changes

Ryein Goddard ryein.goddard at gmail.com
Wed Jan 29 00:44:27 CET 2020

I don't mind you making the project require an account.  Not really that
big a deal for the awesome support you are bringing.

I would love to see Qt Creator get much better.  I have seen Qt do the
things everyone talks about for React, but they don't use it because
they are scared of C++.  I honestly think the way Qt solves the problem
of updating various items with signals and slots is 1000 times better
then React-Redux or React Hooks.  It is such a terrible experience.  I
think it would be awesome if you offered a perfectly working premium
experience for mobile development and also we need a platform to target
that is linux. Something that allows us to deploy a tablet into
production.  I don't want to use Android sometimes or iOS.  Sometimes I
want a 1 application device and this is next to impossible for a
relatively low volume device.  It would be awesome if Qt offered some
devices specifically for Qt and ran off Linux.  I see you guys making
presentations with devices all the time, but we never have devices.
Many Linux based phones are coming out.  Some of which are based on
Qt/KDE.  It makes so much sense.  A cheap raspberry pi tablet that is
production ready, but also developer friendly or something to that
effect would be an awesome development.

I will gladly pay 25 bucks a month for a premium build service built
into Qt that adds the ease of development that we get from other
providers.  Cross platform development is what everyone is targeting.

Microsoft, Google, Apple and even Facebook are all trying to own the
stack for cross-platform development. You already have a great stack for
it.  It just needs a few more pieces and it would be great.

People shouldn't be scared of C++, or maybe better support for Python
and QML deployed to mobile.  I know lots of projects have come out for that.