[Qt-creator] Qt Account now required?

Michael Jackson mike.jackson at bluequartz.net
Tue Jan 28 14:38:12 CET 2020

I take it based on the latest blog post from the Qt Company that a Qt Account is now required to simply install QtCreator? I tried the latest nightly and the option to skip the installer is now gone. What a PITA. Please reconsider this decision as I for one just don’t' really need "yet another account" to sign into.

Maybe have the option of "Hey it would be great if you told us about your use of QtCreator? Can we contact you in the future?" You already have my IP address from the download.

The community already spoke about this back a few years ago and we pretty much rejected the idea of forced account creation.

--
Michael Jackson | Owner, President
      BlueQuartz Software
[e] mike.jackson at bluequartz.net