[Qt-creator] GCC versions support for QTC

jeandet alexis.jeandet at member.fsf.org
Tue Jun 30 00:24:39 CEST 2020

Hello,

I wonder why QTC is still built against GCC 5.3?
I've seen this https://doc.qt.io/qt-5/supported-platforms.html, but
RHEL7 has devtoolset up to 9 available with GCC9. Maybe it could be
updated to GCC7?
Not sure it makes much sense to build QTC against such old compiler.
I'm asking this because, I got some build errors with meson plugin on
QTC CI which I can't access and most of them won't appear with GCC7+.
One other option would be to add a Centos 7 docker image on GH actions
 with mostly the same setup, that would allow to spot GCC5 build errors
earlier.

Best regards,
Alexis.