[Qt-creator] Stepping down as maintainer of the CMake plugin of Qt Creator

Cornelis Bockemühl cornelis at bockemuehl.ch
Tue Jun 30 11:41:14 CEST 2020

Hi Tobias

Thanks for all you did for the CMake integration into QtCreator: I could
not live without it! My main projects are all CMake and Qt based, and my
favorite working environment is QtCreator because it is the same in both
Windows and Linux.

I downloaded and installed the newest version this morning - no obvious
flaws so far. Reducing the number of ways to interact sounds like a good
idea to improve maintainability also by others and avoid "strange
behaviours" that were in the past often enough causes of trouble.
Marrying CMake and QtCreator means to bring together two very different
concepts and ways of working, so for me it's almost a miracle that it is
working so well right now - with not too many things that you simply
have to get used to...

So first of all I wish you all the best for your own further developments!

And second I would be happy if some equally competent developer would
step into your responsibility - because it would be sad if the
CMake/QtCreator cooperation would eventually fall apart due to neglect...

Best regards,
Cornelis

Am 29/06/2020 um 16:24 schrieb Tobias Hunger:
> Hello everyone!
>
> I would like to step down as the CMake plugin maintainer in Qt Creator on 1st of August as I will start a new job then and do not expect to have the time necessary to be a good maintainer in the Qt project. Thank you all for the the opportunity to work with so many passionate people and the trust to maintain a plugin!
>
> It would be great to see somebody step up to the task of making CMake easy and convenient to use in Qt Creator! I will be around and am willing to help getting people to settle into the code base -- as I still think this is a very important area for Qt Creator going forward.
>
> The last couple of weeks I spend on streamlining the code (killing two of the three completely different ways for creator to interact with CMake) and to generally simplify the interaction between Qt Creator and CMake. I think this was a major step forward for CMake support in Creator  -- and it removed a lot of code and made things conceptually simpler, so now is a good time to hand over the plugin.
>
> Best Regards,
> Tobias
>
> PS: Please consider to test the upcoming Creator release and report issues you find so that I still have a chance to fix them myself:-)
>
> --
> Tobias Hunger, Senior Software Engineer | The Qt Company
> The Qt Company GmbH, Rudower Chaussee 13, D-12489 Berlin
> Geschäftsführer: Mika Pälsi, Juha Varelius, Mika Harjuaho. Sitz der
> Gesellschaft: Berlin, Registergericht: Amtsgericht Charlottenburg, HRB 144331 B

*Cornelis Bockemühl*
mail: cornelis at bockemuehl.ch
phone: +41 79 644 9943
Basel, Switzerland