[Qt-creator] Stepping down as maintainer of the CMake plugin of Qt Creator

Orgad Shaneh orgads at gmail.com
Tue Jun 30 11:09:16 CEST 2020

On Mon, Jun 29, 2020 at 5:25 PM Tobias Hunger <Tobias.Hunger at qt.io> wrote:

> Hello everyone!
>
> I would like to step down as the CMake plugin maintainer in Qt Creator on
> 1st of August as I will start a new job then and do not expect to have the
> time necessary to be a good maintainer in the Qt project. Thank you all for
> the the opportunity to work with so many passionate people and the trust to
> maintain a plugin!
>
> It would be great to see somebody step up to the task of making CMake easy
> and convenient to use in Qt Creator! I will be around and am willing to
> help getting people to settle into the code base -- as I still think this
> is a very important area for Qt Creator going forward.
>
> The last couple of weeks I spend on streamlining the code (killing two of
> the three completely different ways for creator to interact with CMake) and
> to generally simplify the interaction between Qt Creator and CMake. I think
> this was a major step forward for CMake support in Creator  -- and it
> removed a lot of code and made things conceptually simpler, so now is a
> good time to hand over the plugin.
>
> Best Regards,
> Tobias
>
> PS: Please consider to test the upcoming Creator release and report issues
> you find so that I still have a chance to fix them myself:-)

Hi Tobias,

I remember your professional and kind reviews, back in the old days of
gitorious (feeling like a dinosaur ;)), and later on gerrit.

You were my de-facto mentor when I took my first steps getting involved
with this project, and many years after that, and I'm grateful for that.

I wish you best of luck with your new job!

Thanks for everything,
- Orgad