[Qt-creator] Issue compiling for Android, compiler not found

Murphy, Sean smurphy at walbro.com
Wed May 6 15:21:13 CEST 2020

> this looks like https://bugreports.qt.io/browse/QTCREATORBUG-23829

It could have been, I'm not really sure. I spent all day yesterday attempting to resolve it (downloading SDKs/NDKs/other Android tools), all to no avail. Every time I went to that tab in the Options screen, that one item wasn't checked, I'd get the popup dialog asking me if I wanted Qt Creator to download the missing items (or whatever the message was, sorry I forgot exactly what that said), I would click the "Yes" button, the dialog would go away, but then nothing else occurred.

I finally got tired of messing with everything and just randomly decided to reboot my machine. I then relaunched Qt Creator, got the same dialog asking if I wanted to have Qt Creator fix everything, I said "Yes" again, and this time I got to a new dialog that told me that there were a couple of packages missing, then I had to answer yes to a couple license questions, and then it installed them.

At that point, I finally had a working system and I'm now able to compile for android.

I wish I had taken better notes of exactly what I did, but I really feel like it was the reboot that fixed it somehow. I know the last thing I did before rebooting was monkeying around in Qt Creator's settings, and it still wasn't saying I had a working setup, and then I rebooted, and immediately went back into Qt Creator and this time it downloaded.

One other thing I can think of is that I did have Android Studio open prior to the reboot, but closed after the reboot. I don't know if Android Studio had a file lock on something that then Qt Creator couldn't access? That's really the only thing I can think of that might be related.

Sean

This message has been scanned for malware by Forcepoint. www.forcepoint.com