[Qt-creator] Python support

jeandet alexis.jeandet at member.fsf.org
Mon Nov 2 15:16:35 CET 2020

Hello Stefan,

Unless I missed something, this is not done/possible yet and I've no
idea if this is in the roadmap.

That would imply to have a kind of interface between python support
plugin and build system specific project plugins (CMake, QMake, QBS,
Meson, ...).
I think, this would also imply to add some python setup information in
kits.

Few of my projects build with either CMake or Meson and have Pybind11
or Shiboken2 wrappers plus python scripts( for tests but not only), and
I have to admit that python support is not that good for such projects.
Having major python test api(s) tests detection would also be quite
handy.

Best regards,
Alexis.