[Qt-creator] Python support

Christian Stenger Christian.Stenger at qt.io
Mon Nov 2 16:31:23 CET 2020

Hi,

currently there's no real plan.. I'm currently working on adding ctest support to the AutoTest plugin - this will be ready in 4.15.
So, if your pytests are integrated into ctest stuff you should be able to run it.. But this is probably not swhat you're asking for as this will have some limited functionality compared to the code based integration.

If you need an integration similar to the current approach of Qt Test / GTest / Boost / Catch: it's possible to do so, but this needs of course some implementation work. (most likely with an own implementation of a code parser) Haven't tried to dig deeper into pytest so far, so I have no clue how much work this would be.
Best would be to create a bugreport (feature request, suggestion) in jira ( https://bugreports.qt.io ) assign it to me, get some voters to express their need..

BR,
Christian