[Qt-creator] Find references of virtual functions?

Giuseppe D'Angelo giuseppe.dangelo at kdab.com
Sat Sep 12 00:27:55 CEST 2020

Il 11/09/20 22:59, Murphy, Sean ha scritto:
> Is there any way in Qt Creator to only show me the places where Grandchild::foo() is called?  Right now, I'm finding that even if I go to grandchild.cpp, put my cursor on void Grandchild::foo(), and then select "Find Reference to Symbol Under Cursor", it shows me every instance of EVERY foo() called anywhere in the program, including the declarations/definitions of Abstract::foo(), Base::foo() and Child::foo(), which I don't care about at the moment.

By "every foo()" do you mean even the ones completely unrelated to your
class hierarchy, or all the foo() in the hierarchy?

Anyhow, given it's a virtual, how can you know at compile time if you're
calling GrandChild::foo() or not?

Abstract *blah = getFoo();
blah->foo(); // might call Grandchild::foo(), or not

My 2 c,

KDAB - The Qt, C++ and OpenGL Experts