[Qt-creator] Find references of virtual functions?

Murphy, Sean smurphy at walbro.com
Fri Sep 11 22:59:51 CEST 2020

Say I've got a class inheritance design like so:

class Abstract
{
  virtual void foo() = 0;
}

class Base : public Abstract
{
  virtual void foo();
}

class Child : public Base
{
  virtual void foo() override;
}

class Grandchild : public Child
{
  virtual void foo() override;
}

Is there any way in Qt Creator to only show me the places where Grandchild::foo() is called?  Right now, I'm finding that even if I go to grandchild.cpp, put my cursor on void Grandchild::foo(), and then select "Find Reference to Symbol Under Cursor", it shows me every instance of EVERY foo() called anywhere in the program, including the declarations/definitions of Abstract::foo(), Base::foo() and Child::foo(), which I don't care about at the moment.

Currently, Base::foo() and Child::foo() are behaving correctly, but I have a bug in Grandchild::foo(), so I'm trying to see the full impact of where Grandchild::foo() is called to see how big of a ripple effect I might create by changing its behavior.

Sean

This message has been scanned for malware by Forcepoint. www.forcepoint.com