[Qt-creator] Follow Symbol Under Cursor always takes me to the header file

Michael Jackson mike.jackson at bluequartz.net
Fri Feb 19 00:04:22 CET 2021

I have a .cpp file opened. I am sitting at a piece of code and I want to jump to the method definition, I right click and select "Follow Symbol Under Cursor", QtCreator takes me to the "declaration" in the header file. How do I get it to jump to the definition instead?

As a side note: This has *never* worked for me since I have started using QtCreator. I just put up with it. But this has got to be a "user error" on my part but I can't figure out what should be doing instead.

--
Mike Jackson