[Qt-creator] test discovery

Eike Ziller Eike.Ziller at qt.io
Tue Jan 5 08:30:25 CET 2021

> On Dec 31, 2020, at 18:19, Stefan Seefeld <stefan at seefeld.name> wrote:
>
> Hello,

Hi,

> I have added some tests to my project that run a (C++) executable with a set of command-line arguments. There is no particular C++ API to drive the tests (as in google tests or similar). Tests simply pass or fail based on the process status. The tests are added to the cmake project using the usual `add_test()` function.
> How can I make qtcreator aware of these new tests ? It only seems to know about tests that use one of those C++ testing frameworks. Is there anything I'm missing ?

there is some work going on to support ctest in the tests panel etc here
AutoTest: Provide basic ctest integration (I1cb85569) · Gerrit Code Review
https://codereview.qt-project.org/c/qt-creator/qt-creator/+/318051
As far as I can tell that has chances to land in Qt Creator 4.15.

Currently your only option is to run the tests via a custom run configuration.

Br, Eike

--
Eike Ziller
Principal Software Engineer