[Qt-creator] SIGSTOP when trying to debug application in QTCreator running on an Ubuntu 18.04

Goel, Ashish (347F) ashish.goel at jpl.nasa.gov
Tue Jan 12 02:30:11 CET 2021

Hi.

I am trying to debug my C++ code in QtCreator (version 4.13.1 based on Qt 5.15.1) which is running on an Ubuntu 18.04 virtual machine hosted on my Windows 10 using VirtualBox. As soon as I start the application in debug mode, I get the error:

The inferior stopped because it received a signal from the operating system. Signal name: SIGSTOP

I've tried changing the version of QtCreator, version of gdb I'm using to debug and tried with a few different versions of my code. The error only happens when debugging with the "Run in Terminal" option selected in the Project settings. The program runs normally if executed standalone in the gnome-terminal. Any idea for what might be causing this?

Thank you for your help

Ashish