[Qt-creator] SIGSTOP when trying to debug application in QTCreator running on an Ubuntu 18.04

Robert Löhning robert.loehning at qt.io
Wed Jan 13 12:03:35 CET 2021

Am 12.01.2021 um 02:30 schrieb Goel, Ashish (347F) via Qt-creator:
> Hi.
>

> I am trying to debug my C++ code in QtCreator (version 4.13.1 based on Qt 5.15.1) which is running on an Ubuntu 18.04 virtual machine hosted on my Windows 10 using VirtualBox. As soon as I start the application in debug mode, I get the error:
>
> The inferior stopped because it received a signal from the operating system. Signal name: SIGSTOP
>

> I've tried changing the version of QtCreator, version of gdb I'm using to debug and tried with a few different versions of my code. The error only happens when debugging with the "Run in Terminal" option selected in the Project settings. The program runs normally if executed standalone in the gnome-terminal. Any idea for what might be causing this?
>

> Thank you for your help
>
> Ashish

Hello Ashish,

thank you for your report.

This seems to be related to these two issues:
https://bugreports.qt.io/browse/QTCREATORBUG-25082
https://bugreports.qt.io/browse/QTCREATORBUG-25227

In the latter, Christian asked for a small example project. In case you
can provide one, it would be nice if you could upload it to the report.

Cheers,
Robert