[Qt-creator] Qt Creator Build Environment Windows 10 SDK

Christian Bauer chrizbee at yahoo.com
Fri Jun 11 09:45:01 CEST 2021

I might've found the problem. The following is copied from "dd_vsdevcmd16_env.log".

Laptop
========================
WindowsLibPath=References\CommonConfiguration\Neutral
WindowsSDKLibVersion=winv6.3\
WindowsSDKVersion=\

PC
========================
WindowsLibPath=C:\Program Files (x86)\Windows Kits\10\UnionMetadata\10.0.19041.0;C:\Program Files (x86)\Windows Kits\10\References\10.0.19041.0
WindowsSdkBinPath=C:\Program Files (x86)\Windows Kits\10\bin\
WindowsSdkDir=C:\Program Files (x86)\Windows Kits\10\
WindowsSDKLibVersion=10.0.19041.0\
WindowsSdkVerBinPath=C:\Program Files (x86)\Windows Kits\10\bin\10.0.19041.0\
WindowsSDKVersion=10.0.19041.0\

Next I ran:
set VSCMD_DEBUG=3
vcvars64.bat > out.txt

Which results in this error:
"ERROR: Registry editing has been disabled by your administrator."

So if vcvarsall can't set Windows 10 SDK paths properly because of missing rights to access the registry then why is it working in Visual Studio 2019 directly?

And can there be a workaround that does not involve putting paths somewhere manually?