[Qt-creator] Qt Creator is cool. :-)

Carel Combrink carel.combrink at gmail.com
Mon May 10 20:37:32 CEST 2021

I want to take this opportunity to second this.

A year ago I changed jobs and had to work with 'one of the best Integrated
Development Environments' out there due to vendor locked in project files,
build systems and environments.
And I have to say, after a year I am fully convinced that Qt Creator is
worlds better when compared.

In a year using said IDE I never thought: 'Nice, QtC needs this' or 'QtC
can't do this'. Often I felt 'Wow if QtC can do this why can't I do it
here'.
My last rant on said IDE is that 3 keystrokes are not a shortcut, it is a
sentence....

Qt Creator is easy to work with and simplistic enough to not be in your way
but complex enough to make you go faster and do what you need to do,
develop code.

I am very fortunate to move on to a new job next month where I will be able
to work in Qt Creator once again.

Well done to the Qt Creator developers and contributors.