[Qt-creator] clangd parsing time

Christian Kandeler christian.kandeler at qt.io
Tue Nov 9 10:03:37 CET 2021

On 11/8/21 19:57, Adam Light wrote:
 > I deleted all of the build directories for my project and then opened
the project in Creator. After a few
 > seconds a "Parsing C/C++ files (clangd)" popup appeared with a
progress bar and file count. It shows
 > that it needs to parse 3495 files.
 > After having run for 15 minutes now, the popup says that 216 files
have been parsed.

As far as I understand, the idea is to use only idle cores (hence
*background* indexing). It could be that the logic for detecting that is
not equally good on all system, or it otherwise errs on the side of
caution. You might want to experiment with setting a higher thread count
manually.

Christian