[Qt-creator] clangd parsing time

Bob Hood bhood2 at comcast.net
Tue Nov 9 15:11:00 CET 2021

On 11/8/2021 11:57 AM, Adam Light wrote:
> [...]
>
> I realize that clangd is considered experimental, but surely it's not this
> slow for others, right?

I can't speak for its use in Qt Creator, but some weeks back I tried to use
clang directly to create a parse tree for one of the C++ modules in my project
in the hopes of being able to use it to detect scope changes and to identify
other elements for something I was writing
(https://www.github.com/b0bh00d/Dreadlock).

It took clang /almost//10 minutes/ to parse one file.

Needless to say, I abandoned that approach and instead wrote a small Python
script that achieved the desired results in just hundreds of milliseconds.