[Qt-creator] "-j" options to make. Where do they come from? Can I change the value?

André Hartmann aha_1980 at gmx.de
Wed Feb 9 21:41:42 CET 2022

Dear Toralf,

The jobs option was introduced in response to
https://bugreports.qt.io/browse/QTCREATORBUG-18414

You can fine tune that in the Projects > Build & Run > Build > Build
Steps. It should also be possible to add a smaller jobs option (e.g.
-j2) to the MAKEFLAGS variable so new projects use that.

 > If I have 4 jobs with 4 cores, that can mean all of them are
 > saturated, and the system becomes completely unresponsive.

I only have this problem if I specify more jobs than available cores.

Best regards,
André