[Qt-creator] Creator 7 & LLVM 15

Eike Ziller Eike.Ziller at qt.io
Fri Feb 11 12:14:33 CET 2022

> On 11 Feb 2022, at 12:03, Björn Schäpers <qt-maillist at hazardy.de> wrote:
>
> Hi,
>
> I updated my system and now have some problems:
> - I switched my compiler from MinGW to MinGW with UCRT
> - Updated from Qt 5.15.2 to 6.2.3 - switched from qmake to cmake
> - Updated Creator from 6.0 beta2 to whatever yesterday was HEAD on the 7.0 branch - also switched to cmake
> - Updated LLVM from some 14 DEV to some 15 DEV (quite recent - with your patches to it)
>
> And my problems are:
> - Although the clang-format-plugin is loaded (and reported no error to me) in the settings it's the old code style page, no clang-format.

That was merged as a tab into the code style page

> - clangd says: Failed to retrieve clangd version: Unexpected clangd output.
>  From my console (doesn't matter if bash or cmd):
>  $ clangd --version
>  clangd version 15.0.0 (https://github.com/HazardyKnusperkeks/llvm-project.git 9d5b44357a0bfd06efa676db94b29182dfc24a42)
>  Features: windows
>  Platform: x86_64-w64-windows-gnu
>
> I thought I will take a look into it and open the creator project, just to see that: :-1: error: CMake version  is unsupported. Please update to version 3.14 (with file-api) or later.
> $ cmake --version
> cmake version 3.22.2

"CMake version  is unsupported”

Between “version” and “is” there should be a version number, so it looks like the version parsing failed there too.
Or, since especially the cmake version doesn’t seem unusual, maybe Qt Creator failed to execute the processes?

Some things to look at:

- What do you see in Tools > Options > Kits > CMake ? Is the right cmake binary there, is any error shown, is the version number shown?
- What does the “CMake Tool” setting in the kit say?
- Maybe running Qt Creator from a terminal shows some enlightening output, or maybe it does when setting QT_LOGGING_RULES=“qtc.utils.qtcprocess.debug=true”.

Br, Eike

--
Eike Ziller
Principal Software Engineer