[Qt-creator] Creator 7 & LLVM 15

Björn Schäpers qt-maillist at hazardy.de
Fri Feb 11 12:46:25 CET 2022

Thanks for the quick answer.

Am 11.02.2022 um 12:14 schrieb Eike Ziller:

>> On 11 Feb 2022, at 12:03, Björn Schäpers <qt-maillist at hazardy.de> wrote:
>>
>> Hi,
>>
>> I updated my system and now have some problems:
>> - I switched my compiler from MinGW to MinGW with UCRT
>> - Updated from Qt 5.15.2 to 6.2.3 - switched from qmake to cmake
>> - Updated Creator from 6.0 beta2 to whatever yesterday was HEAD on the 7.0 branch - also switched to cmake
>> - Updated LLVM from some 14 DEV to some 15 DEV (quite recent - with your patches to it)
>>
>> And my problems are:
>> - Although the clang-format-plugin is loaded (and reported no error to me) in the settings it's the old code style page, no clang-format.
> That was merged as a tab into the code style page
Okay, didn't expect that, but yeah there it is. Thanks.
>> - clangd says: Failed to retrieve clangd version: Unexpected clangd output.
>>   From my console (doesn't matter if bash or cmd):
>>   $ clangd --version
>>   clangd version 15.0.0 (https://github.com/HazardyKnusperkeks/llvm-project.git 9d5b44357a0bfd06efa676db94b29182dfc24a42)
>>   Features: windows
>>   Platform: x86_64-w64-windows-gnu
>>
>> I thought I will take a look into it and open the creator project, just to see that: :-1: error: CMake version  is unsupported. Please update to version 3.14 (with file-api) or later.
>> $ cmake --version
>> cmake version 3.22.2
> "CMake version  is unsupported”
>
> Between “version” and “is” there should be a version number, so it looks like the version parsing failed there too.
> Or, since especially the cmake version doesn’t seem unusual, maybe Qt Creator failed to execute the processes?
>
> Some things to look at:
>
> - What do you see in Tools > Options > Kits > CMake ? Is the right cmake binary there, is any error shown, is the version number shown?

It is the correct binary. It has an error marker:
Version:
Supports fileApi: no
Detection source: ""

CMake executable does not provide required IDE integration features.

> - What does the “CMake Tool” setting in the kit say?
There the correct tool is chosen, and no other annotations.
> - Maybe running Qt Creator from a terminal shows some enlightening output, or maybe it does when setting QT_LOGGING_RULES=“qtc.utils.qtcprocess.debug=true”.

That's not easy. From cmd it immediately detaches and output capturing doesn't
give anything. From bash it blocks, but does not log anything besides: Ignoring
malformed logging rule: '
If I change it to

QT_LOGGING_RULES=qtc.utils.qtcprocess.debug=true

Nothing gets logged, with qtc.*=true I only get

########## documentVisibilityChanged
ClangCodeModelServer::documentVisibilityChanged needed 0 ms

But when looking with the process monitor I can see that it started the correct
cmake with -E capabilties. When I run that on my bash I get output, including:
"version":{"isDirty":false,"major":3,"minor":22,"patch":2,"string":"3.22.2","suffix":""}

And I can not see that the invocation was not successful.

> Br, Eike

Is maybe something from my configure line not good?
-DBUILD_EXECUTABLE_QTPROMAKER=OFF -DBUILD_EXECUTABLE_VALGRIND-FAKE=OFF
-DBUILD_EXECUTABLE_WINRTDEBUGHELPER=OFF
-DBUILD_HELPVIEWERBACKEND_QTWEBENGINE=OFF -DBUILD_LIBRARY_GLSL=OFF
-DBUILD_PLUGIN_BAZAAR=OFF -DBUILD_PLUGIN_CPPCHECK=OFF -DBUILD_PLUGIN_CVS=OFF
-DBUILD_PLUGIN_EMACSKEYS=OFF -DBUILD_PLUGIN_FAKEVIM=OFF
-DBUILD_PLUGIN_GLSLEDITOR=OFF -DBUILD_PLUGIN_INCREDIBUILD=OFF
-DBUILD_PLUGIN_IOS=OFF -DBUILD_PLUGIN_MERCURIAL=OFF
-DBUILD_PLUGIN_MESONPROJECTMANAGER=OFF -DBUILD_PLUGIN_NIM=OFF
-DBUILD_PLUGIN_PERFORCE=OFF -DBUILD_PLUGIN_QNX=OFF -DBUILD_PLUGIN_VALGRIND=OFF
-DBUILD_PLUGIN_WINRT=OFF -DBUILD_QBS=OFF -DBUILD_TESTING=OFF
-DBUILD_TESTS_BY_DEFAULT=OFF

Kind regards,
Björn.