[Qt-creator] macOS TCC Permissions

Eike Ziller Eike.Ziller at qt.io
Fri Jul 22 10:20:51 CEST 2022

Thank you and sorry: This broke in Qt Creator 8 by
https://codereview.qt-project.org/c/qt-creator/qt-creator/+/413978

A fix is up for review and will then hopefully be part of the 8.0.1 snapshots soon.
https://codereview.qt-project.org/c/qt-creator/qt-creator/+/423269

Br, Eike

> Am 21/07/2022 um 01:36 schrieb Nakyle Wright <nwright at atlaswhd.com>:
>
> Looks like a nice fix was added for the TCC headache in this commit:
> https://codereview.qt-project.org/gitweb?p=qt-creator/qt-creator.git;a=commit;h=86783985a03752b2205d7d9ee168051003cb64c4
>
> But it does not seem to be working for me, I just updated to:
>
> Qt Creator 8.0.0
> Based on Qt 6.3.1 (Clang 13.0 (Apple), x86_64)
> Built on Jul 19 2022 08:17:26
> From revision 5c341854e0
>
> And I can see that the bundle includes the disclaim helper, and so I assumed it would work.
> Is there a setting I need to enable? I cleared out my .pro.user and project build files just to be sure it was starting from a clean slate.
>
> Also note, that enabling the “Run In Terminal” option or just double-clicking the built .app bundle works fine, I have all the necessary entries in my apps Info.plist.

Eike Ziller
Principal Software Engineer

The Qt Company GmbH
Erich-Thilo-Straße 10