[Qt-creator] Poll: Contents / styling of editor toolbars

Jaroslaw Kobus Jaroslaw.Kobus at qt.io
Tue Apr 4 19:34:30 CEST 2023

1. I never use what occupies the most of the toolbar, i.e. the combobox in the middle, containing the tree of namespaces / classes / methods. Maybe this functionality could be merged into "class view" on the left side, showing the content of the current editor (instead of showing everything from the current project, like it's now - probably it could be configurable).

2. I never use encoding combo, which also occupies some place, so I'd hide it deeper (maybe inside file menu?)

3. I would replace the current weird icon for "Remove Split" in the top right corner with the "X" icon. Not sure what to do with the "X" icon next to the filename combobox, though. But it should be rather clear that "X" next to the filename means we close the filename (in all splits), with "X" in the top right corned means we close the window (i.e. close the split).

4. I would add much more actions for text editing, like "to lower / upper", "visualize spaces", etc..., which are currently deeply hidden in menu structure or in settings. Make it configurable?