[Qt-creator] Poll: Contents / styling of editor toolbars

EXT Mitch Curtis mitch.curtis at qt.io
Wed Apr 5 04:44:29 CEST 2023

I very much like the idea of making it configurable, and that is a very standard feature of toolbars by now. I use shortcuts heavily, but like others, there are probably some that I forget and end up using menus for. From memory, On macOS, there are no shortcuts for certain things, so that's another case where configurable actions would be useful.

As for what I use and don't use:

I don't think I've ever used "Additional Processor Directives".

I have looked at the class hierarchy thing maybe a handful of times in 10+ years. Same goes for QML files, not just C++.

I've never used the encoding combo box - I'd always look to a menu for that first.

I didn't know that the "Language Client" and "Analyse File" buttons existed until I looked.

I use the line and column info too often, as there's no way to have a shortcut for "Wrap to 80 chars", "Wrap to 100 chars", etc.

I use the split thing rarely. I guess an X icon could be better, but there's the risk that it could be confused with closing the document altogether, so I personally wouldn't change it.