[Qt-creator] Poll: Contents / styling of editor toolbars

Tomasz Siekierda sierdzio at gmail.com
Wed Apr 5 07:19:40 CEST 2023

Please, no tabs! Current solution is way better. Thanks to Qt Creator I
also use the no-tabs approach in all my web browsers, it's so much more
useful, especially on modern screens which are very wide but not so high.

Of course, if more people want tabs, maybe make it configurable, just like
Kate does for example (both approaches are allowed, even at the same time).

Also, +1 for removal of rarely used parts from the toolbar, like others
have mentioned.

One additional change I'd like to see: add an option to also show
Projects/Open Documents columns on secondary windows (when you click on
Split->Open in New Window). I know I can use the locator there but I still
miss the Open Documents sometimes.

And since I mentioned secondary windows - it would be cool if Locator and
when I look at a secondary window (on my second display) and want to search
or locate, I need to look back to my main window for a while; it's
distracting).

Cheerio,
TS