[Qt-creator] clangd + qtc vs clangd + any editor

Алексей Скородумов 2350266 at gmail.com
Thu Feb 23 10:26:09 CET 2023

Hi,

1. Speed and responsiveness (main argument vs VS Code and CLion). Easy to
demonstrate with "find all usage for symbol under cursor" (Ctrl+Shift+U).
2. git integration: git blame, git log, git rebase inetractive, git add
interactive etc. I never need to use external git tools.
3. "go to cmake target definition" ("cmo" in locator) and "build cmake
target"  ("cm" in locator) actions are a very useful feature, especially
for big projects.
4. Refactoring actions (I assume some of them not based on clangd)
5. Qt Creator gently encourages command line workflow (locator -> ctrk+k).
I think that is much more efficient than visual switching between tabs and
using menus.

Best regards,
Aleksei Skorodumov