[Qt-creator] clangd + qtc vs clangd + any editor

Henry Skoglund henry at tungware.se
Wed Mar 1 22:05:53 CET 2023

On 2023-03-01 21:41, Cristian Adam via Qt-creator wrote:
> Hi,
>
> As a C++ developer you could actually fix something in Qt Creator. If
> it's something minor you can simply fork qt-creator on github, push to
> your fork and you'll get binaries created by GitHub Actions.
>
> There are not so many C++ IDEs written in C++, open source, and
> cross-platform!
>
> This was important for me before joining the Qt Creator team and
> working on Qt Creator itself.
>
> Cheers,
> Cristian.

And (as Christian says above) since it's C++ all the way, that means
writing your own custom Qt Creator plugin is easy.
I have one that for example has keyboard macros the inserts texts like
"qDebug() <<", "QStringList" "QByteArray" etc. or the classname you're
currently editing or fancy module headers with the current day and
version no. Such stuff can of course be added to any editor but doing it
using familiar Qt classes saves time for me.
Rgrds Henry