[Qt-creator] Plugin and makestep

Knut Petter Svendsen knutpett+qtcreator at pvv.org
Wed Mar 22 09:19:17 CET 2023

Greetings everyone!

I have developed a plugin that includes a MakeStep class inheriting from
ProjectExplorer::MakeStep. In the clean step, I require access to
information or updates from the (normal) build step. My approach involves
initially creating the clean step with the same arguments as the build
step, but with "-clean" appended to its arguments. Furthermore, I aim to
establish a callback function that can update the clean step whenever the
makestep is modified.

However, I have encountered a challenge in attempting to enable one
instance of the step to retrieve data from another instance. I am seeking
advice on potential solutions or workarounds to address this issue. If you
have any suggestions, please share them with me.

Knut

--
Knut Petter Svendsen