[Qt-creator] Dropping support for 32bit Cdb

David Schulz David.Schulz at qt.io
Tue May 21 14:45:38 CEST 2024

Hi Qt Creator users on Windows,

Since quite some time, we have only provided 64-bit packages of Qt Creator for Windows.
This freed some resources for building and testing packages, but we kept a minimal build of a 32-bit Qt Creator consisting of the 32-bit CDB extension and some other helpers.
But keeping this minimal build working also takes some resources and makes the packaging more complex.

The question is whether there is a valid use case for keeping the 32-bit CDB support.

Note: You can also debug a 32-bit application with a 64-bit cdb, so there should be no loss of functionality with this change.
If you regularly debug 32-bit applications on Windows with a recent installation of Qt Creator, it would be helpful if you could check whether you recognize any regressions when debugging this application with a 64-bit cdb and report any findings at https://bugreports.qt.io.

Greettings
David Schulz