[Qt-creator] Incompatibility between clang-tidy and gcc

Jochen Becher jochen_becher at gmx.de
Wed May 29 08:27:13 CEST 2024

Hi,

I build my projects with qbs and gcc. For some legacy reasons, it uses
"-fnothrow-opt". Unfortunately, this option is not known by clang-tidy
and for a few versions clang-tidy does not ignore this option any
longer but exits with an error.

I don't see any chance to fix this in qbs as the qbs product is not
resolved separately for clang-tidy but it uses the gcc build. Is there
any way to filter the compiler options before they are forwarded to
clang-tidy?

I added a simple filter function in clangtoolrunner.cpp but I would
prefer a solution that is external to QtCreator.

Regards, Jochen