[Qt-interest] MySQL plugin driver

JD Guzman lostinthecode at googlemail.com
Tue Jun 2 00:25:52 CEST 2009

Christopher Rasch-Olsen Raa wrote:
>  Mandag 01 juni 2009 23:40:31 skrev JD Guzman :
>
>> Has anyone else had issues with building the mysql plugin driver?  I am
>> trying to build it and following the instructions in the docs linking
>> fails for me.  I have all the required mysql libs installed yet i still
>> get unresolved symbols relating to mysql.
>>
>> As further info I'm trying to build it under windows 7 64 bit.  Any ideas??
>>
>> Best Regards,
>>
>> JD
>>

> If you are building with MinGW then you might want to have a look at
> http://christopher.rasch-olsen.no/qt-45-and-mysql-plugin-with-mingw-on-
> windows-xp/
>
> Note that that guide is written for Windows XP and 32bit, but I can't imagine
> the differences are _that_ big.

You may not believe it but I already read that tutorial.  Very good one
I may add.  However I'm building with nmake so from what I understand it
should be very straight forward right?  Perhaps I missing something
simple that isn't in the docs?

I've managed to compile qt without the mysql driver so I know that qt
will in fact build. I'm using the latest source release and building it
all with nmake.  I'm using the mysql 5.1 server.

Regards,

JD