[Qt-interest] MySQL plugin driver

Ferenc Stelcz ferenc at stelcz.hu
Tue Jun 2 07:39:51 CEST 2009

JD Guzman wrote:
> Has anyone else had issues with building the mysql plugin driver?  I am
> trying to build it and following the instructions in the docs linking
> fails for me.  I have all the required mysql libs installed yet i still
> get unresolved symbols relating to mysql.
>
> As further info I'm trying to build it under windows 7 64 bit.  Any ideas??

Are you using the 64bit version of MySQL? I have already faced this problem
too. Tried it on Vista Ultimate x64 with a 64bit MySQL 5.1 but didn't work
(got tons of linker errors).

It _may_ be that the 64bit libmysql.lib conflicts with the 32bit MinGW. The
only workaround for me was to install a 32bit MySQL server with developer
files and then compile the MySQL plugin against this... :( HTH

--
Ferenc Stelcz
Junior Software Engineer

Banyan Technologies LLC.