[Qt-interest] setSizePolicy has no effect in subclass of QDialog

Andreas Pakulat apaku at gmx.de
Tue Jun 2 08:46:38 CEST 2009

On 02.06.09 16:33:56, Tony Rietwyk wrote:
> Unfortunately, the layout system is the worst subsystem of Qt - both in
> terms of complexity, and vagueness of documentation.  It is extremely
> powerful, but after 18 months of using it, I still can't predict what it
> is going to do!

I agree that its not the easiest thing to understand, but its still the
most predictable layout system I've seen myself (without having basically
no layout management). Especially the auto-sizing of widgets make it far
superior to any other layout systems I know.

And regarding the unexpected behaviour: Thats why I'm not writing any code
for layouting and do it all inside designer because you instantly see how
the widget behaves after your changes.

Andreas

--
You are always busy.