[Qt-interest] setSizePolicy has no effect in subclass of QDialog

Stephen Collyer scollyer at netspinner.co.uk
Tue Jun 2 10:46:44 CEST 2009

2009/6/2 Andreas Pakulat <apaku at gmx.de>

> And regarding the unexpected behaviour: Thats why I'm not writing any code
> for layouting *[laying out] *and do it all inside designer because you
> instantly see how
> the widget behaves after your changes.

I've already tried applying the same properties within designer, but I was
unable
to get it to work there either. I've just taken a look again, and have
modified
the size constraints for the internal layouts, but they have no option for
setting
vertical and horizontal constraints independently, so I guess it can't be
done
with my particular set of layouts.

Should this be considered a bug ? I would have thought that the sizePolicy
for
a dialog should logically override the behaviour of any internal layouts,
but this
doesn't seem to be the case.

--
Stephen Collyer