[Qt-interest] building static executables

Lorenzo Bettini bettini at dsi.unifi.it
Fri Jun 5 10:01:14 CEST 2009

Thus, what is "CONFIG += static" is for?

is it only to build Qt statically?  And not for my program to get
compiled statically?

Chris Burke wrote:
> You must build Qt statically. When you compile your application using
> the static Qt libs, you will get a static executable. No options need to
> be provided to the compilation of the executable to get this to happen.
>
> chris burke
> phone: 617-621-0060 x195
> email: cburke at ics.com
> skype: chris.burke0
>

> Lorenzo Bettini wrote:
>> Hi
>>
>> If I need to build a static executable, completely static, is it just a
>> matter of adding
>>
>> CONFIG += static
>>
>> or should I have a version of qt itself built statically?
>>
>> thanks in advance
>> 	Lorenzo

ICQ# lbetto, 16080134     (GNU/Linux User # 158233)
http://www.myspace.com/supertrouperabba
http://www.gnu.org/software/src-highlite
http://www.gnu.org/software/gengetopt
http://www.gnu.org/software/gengen http://doublecpp.sourceforge.net