[Qt-interest] building static executables

Thiago Macieira thiago.macieira at trolltech.com
Fri Jun 5 11:49:10 CEST 2009

Em Sexta-feira 05 Junho 2009, às 10:01:14, Lorenzo Bettini escreveu:
> Thus, what is "CONFIG += static" is for?
>
> is it only to build Qt statically?  And not for my program to get
> compiled statically?

That enables static building of the code in question.

The problem is that you're not compiling Qt, but compiling your application.
So this option has no influence on how Qt will be used.

If you want to link statically to Qt, you need to build Qt statically.
--
Thiago Macieira - thiago.macieira (AT) nokia.com
  Senior Product Manager - Nokia, Qt Software