[Qt-interest] Generating regions from image, but pixel access required to generate the image

Alexander Vassilev avasilev at voipgate.com
Sat Jun 6 15:45:24 CEST 2009

Hi all,

I need to generate an image that will be used to create a region that
will be set as a shape of a window. QRegion can be generated only from a
QBitmap type of image. However, in the process of generating the image,
I need to access image pixels directly, which is supported only in
QImage. Thus, I end up with the necessity to convert the generated
QImage to a QBitmap, and then use the bitmap to create the region. All
this will happen quite frequently in the application (on each resize
step), and I am concerned about the overhead of the QImage->QBitmap
conversion. Is there a way to avoid this?
Thanks in advance

Best regards
Alex