[Qt-interest] Interview and fetchMore()

Arnold Krille arnold at arnoldarts.de
Mon Jun 8 12:09:59 CEST 2009

On Monday 08 June 2009 11:26:58 Philip Scott wrote:
> I can see how I can create a lazy effect like this with 'fetchMore()',
> but that appears to be limited to adding rows and columns to the end of
> the dataset. Is it possible to use it to add rows for a particular
> granularity as you 'zoom in' (so it would need to be parametrized
> somehow for the scale you are currently viewing at; perhaps a start/end
> datetime and a number of samples required).
> Any ideas, suggestions, comments etc.. gladly recieved!

You could create a zooming-proxymodel between the real data model and the
views. Then you only need another gui to control the proxy (to be independant)
or subclass the KDChart to have the zooming functions inside.

Real data-zooming might be interesting for the new ItemViews-are-GraphicsViews
approach, but probably this use-case is rather limited to scientific, high-
volume use, where as most usage of model-view is more in the small models-
reagion...

Have fun,

Arnold