[Qt-interest] Interview and fetchMore()

Philip Scott qt-interest at foo.me.uk
Mon Jun 8 13:41:02 CEST 2009

Thanks Arnold,

>> Is it possible to use it to add rows for a particular
>> granularity as you 'zoom in' (so it would need to be parametrized
>> somehow for the scale you are currently viewing at; perhaps a start/end
>> datetime and a number of samples required).
> You could create a zooming-proxymodel between the real data model and the
> views. Then you only need another gui to control the proxy (to be
> independant)
> or subclass the KDChart to have the zooming functions inside.
I was having similar thoughts, although I couldn't quite pin down
concretely in my mind how this might be achieved. Do you mean creating a
proxy model in which zooming in added extra points to the end of the
dataset? I guess I could make the index of a particular point
irrelevant, and have three columns; <index, datetime, value> and when
zooming in add some extra points at the end, but then convince my
display widget to ignore the index part.

Is it possible to somehow hack up a parameterised fetchMore() (e.g.
where in particular am I zooming in to, and by how much?).

- Philip