[Qt-interest] QWidget::grabKeyboard() and window managers

Pedro Lopez-Cabanillas pedro.lopez.cabanillas at gmail.com
Mon Jun 8 19:57:32 CEST 2009

On Saturday, June 6, 2009, I wrote:
> QWidget::grabKeyboard()
[...]
> fails in Metacity, Compiz and some other window managers. In other words:
> it is broken for most Gnome users. Using this option also prevents normal
> usage of the drop down menus on GTK2 applications.

Let's look at it from a different perspective: Gnome users think that Qt or my
program is broken, because of course GTK+ and Gnome are absolutely fantastic,
and all that Qt and KDE crap is only a nuisance that must be avoided at all
cost.

For instance, look at this one: "vmpk has a qt bug - so it's removed from now"
https://code.goto10.org/projects/puredyne/changeset/168

Regards,
Pedro