[Qt-interest] Question regarding running multiple Qt applications within a single view.

simith nambiar simithn at yahoo.com
Sat Jun 6 14:07:14 CEST 2009

Hell All,
              Greetings, this is my first e-mail to the list. I'am a newbie to Qt, and would like
to write an application using Qt. The following are the requirements,

1.) The application will have a mobile phone like interface (but for the desktop screen).
2.) should be able to run (Spawn) independent applications, in a single view.
     This means that, the Contact List is a different application from the SMS Inbox or the File
     Manager.

3) should run on the desktop and should be portable to an embedded device with minimum
    effort.

Point 2 is what i'am concerned of, is it doable in Qt ? where i have a contact book application,
E-mail application etc, which are seperate Qt applications, but need to run on the same view ?
They are seperate applications as we want to encourage 3rd parties to develop applications and do not want the applications to share a single address space and be constrained by each others I/O, or memory constraints. Something similar to what Android has achieved, where programs are run using a seperate virtual machine, so that if one of the programs crashes the other applications remain unaffected !

Please can someone guide me in achieving this ?

Thank you.

Best regards,
Simith Nambiar

Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails.

Explore. Dream. Discover.

 - Mark Twain.

      Bollywood news, movie reviews, film trailers and more! Go to http://in.movies.yahoo.com/