[Qt-interest] [OT] RE: video codecs

Oliver.Knoll at comit.ch Oliver.Knoll at comit.ch
Wed Jun 10 14:17:45 CEST 2009

Mehmet Kaplan wrote on Wednesday, June 10, 2009 12:44 PM:

> I know OpenCv and i will use it. here the main problem is to interact
> with all video codecs. I'm not sure but OpenCv doesn't give the
> chance to open all codecs installed in system. I can process video
> frames using OpenCv, but first of all i must capture video frames.

Maybe try this one: http://www.ffmpeg.org/

As I understand this library can read many formats and is also used my many media players (but according to the URL above it can also 'record' and 'convert' - so it should also give you access to single frames somehow, I assume).

Cheers, Oliver
--
Oliver Knoll
Dipl. Informatik-Ing. ETH