[Qt-interest] Fwd: Re: Poor performance of "setBackground()" API in QTableWidgetItem class in Qt 4.5.1

Sean Harmer sean.harmer at maps-technology.com
Thu Jun 11 10:44:48 CEST 2009

Oops replied in private by mistake. Copy for list...

Subject: Re: [Qt-interest] Poor performance of "setBackground()" API in
QTableWidgetItem class in Qt 4.5.1
Date: Thursday 11 Jun 2009
From: Sean Harmer <sean.harmer at maps-technology.com>
To: Mark Pereira <mark at softjin.com>

Hi,

On Thursday 11 Jun 2009 09:20:31 you wrote:
> Hi Seam,
>
> In my application I need to set the background color of couple of cells
> in the table only, so setting the background of the complete table wont
> work.
OK but in that case surely the time taken to set the background on a few cells
is insignificant.

But for the purposes of investigating your performance problem I ran your test
app here and got the following results:

185,158,148,163,142

This is on Gentoo Linux, 64-bit, nvidia-drivers-180.60 on a GeForce 8800 GTS,
KDE 4.2.4 using KWin's compositing, CPU 2.4GHz Core2 duo.

Did you build QT yourself or are you using one of the pre-compiled packages?

Cheers,

Sean