[Qt-interest] Fwd: Re: Poor performance of "setBackground()" API in QTableWidgetItem class in Qt 4.5.1

Mark Pereira mark at softjin.com
Thu Jun 11 10:52:03 CEST 2009

Hi Sean,

I'm using pre-compiled qt-win-commercial-4.5.1-vs2005.exe version of Qt.

Regards,
Mark

Sean Harmer wrote:
> Oops replied in private by mistake. Copy for list...
>
> Subject: Re: [Qt-interest] Poor performance of "setBackground()" API in
> QTableWidgetItem class in Qt 4.5.1
> Date: Thursday 11 Jun 2009
> From: Sean Harmer <sean.harmer at maps-technology.com>
> To: Mark Pereira <mark at softjin.com>
>
> Hi,
>
> On Thursday 11 Jun 2009 09:20:31 you wrote:
>
>> Hi Seam,
>>
>> In my application I need to set the background color of couple of cells
>> in the table only, so setting the background of the complete table wont
>> work.
>>
> OK but in that case surely the time taken to set the background on a few cells
> is insignificant.
>
> But for the purposes of investigating your performance problem I ran your test
> app here and got the following results:
>
> 185,158,148,163,142
>
> This is on Gentoo Linux, 64-bit, nvidia-drivers-180.60 on a GeForce 8800 GTS,
> KDE 4.2.4 using KWin's compositing, CPU 2.4GHz Core2 duo.
>
> Did you build QT yourself or are you using one of the pre-compiled packages?
>
> Cheers,
>
> Sean

Business Disclaimer
This e-mail message and any files transmitted with it are intended solely
for  the use  of the  individual or entity  to which they  are  addressed. It
may  contain confidential,  proprietary or legally  privileged  information.
If  you  are  not  the  intended recipient please be advised that you have
received  this  message in error and any use is strictly prohibited. Please
immediately  delete it  and all copies of it from your system, destroy any
hard  copies  of  it and  notify  the  sender  by return mail. You must not,
directly or indirectly, use,  disclose,  distribute, print, or copy any part of
this message if you are not the intended recipient.